Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My tv turned off no red light wil not turn back on, hisense

Customer Question

hi my tv turned off no red light wil not turn back on
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: hisense 55h7c or g
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: nothing works completly dead was watching it and it just shut off no red light
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it was working fine and just all of a sudden
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it tv completly dead no red light
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Roughly how long have you owned the set for please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2 years
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for the reply. We often see these sets develop faults after only a couple years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Are you still having the same problem?

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

If there is still no power light then it means the power board within the set has failed and needs to be replaced. There are no other quick fixes for this problem. The power board can be purchased at the link below for $40 and is a plug and play board (meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it):

http://www.tvpartsguy.com/hisense-55h7g-power-supply-board-rsag7-820-5687-roh-170732/?gclid=CjwKEAjwmMS-BRCm5dn51JLbp1wSJACc61tFd8ZKoy2TsFqtn2mynWsOLqD88EuBgmWxaxenfr9emxoCvKPw_wcB

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Alternatively if this is not something you're comfortable with a shop will charge closer to $175 parts and labor for this repair and can be located at the link below:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.