Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

The on off light of my tv is blinking. and the screen is

Customer Question

Hi, the on off light of my tv is blinking. and the screen is black. What can I do???? Please help, I have 4 little ones at home and am about to get crazy without tv.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 7 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

First have you re-booted the set ?un-plugged from the wall-power wait 5 mins re-plug back in again?if not please do that and let me know if there is any results from that

Anthony

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have done that already and it did not work

OK the light in the front of the set its blinking you have said that however it should be blinking long and short blinks like 2 long 3 short as an example, can you let me know what that is please

Anthony

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok , I just checked that up and it does 2long and 5 short

That is a panel supply error

How old is this set please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
like 5 years old
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
4 o 5

The thing is this is a very serious issue likely to be the panel itself (in most cases) the panel can go short circuit and this is the error code you get , unfortunately its not an option to replace the panel due to costs and the sets age

I am sorry for dismal news here, if its any comfort the set is at the end of its expectedlife anyhow

If you need more help let meknow

I am sorry I do not have better news however if I am to receive credit from the site I do need you to rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you, ***** ***** know if you need more help

Anthony

The panel by the way is the screen

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you so much

I hate having to pass on news like this but its ust the way it is with modern stuff, always make sure you get a long warranty built into the deal when you replace the set, I have seen these models fail during warranty the same way

Please remember though to rate me thank you, ***** ***** is top of the page thanks again

Anthony