Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

MY SONY TV HAS A WIDE STRIPE SHIMMIMG FROM BOTTOM OF SCREEN

Customer Question

MY SONY TV HAS A GRAY WIDE STRIPE SHIMMIMG FROM BOTTOM OF SCREEN WHICH WILL NOT GO AWAY. AUGUST 2009 built and sold through BEST BU
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?
Note that I need time to type and research for parts and info if needed so don't be surprised if there are delays between replies

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Is that line vertical or horizontal ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that's it
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

By the way if you received a phone offer it was automated from the web site ,not from me and there was a payment failure on that phone request by the way , although I`m not privy to billing here this usually means your CC company did not recognize the charges and declined them , you would have to contact them to OK the transaction .
But we can continue in this chat mode as well

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Decline this offer
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Just need to know if that line or bar is across the bottom of the screen ??

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Or going from bottom to top ??

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
same problem I just explained earlier
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Yes I and need clarifications on this please !!!

Is that bar VERTICAL or HORIZONTAL ????

Quite a difference in diagnostic here

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

If that line is vertical then yu have a defective t-con board and unless you get into repairing this yourself then it would not be a good idea to have a shop repair this for some $150 to $200 while you can get a new one for about the same price

If it is horizontal then you have a defective LCD panel which is quite common with sony`s of that serie and that makes the tv unrepairable.

Wish i had better news and an easier solution for you today but i hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions.
Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer with the stars at the top of your page and SUBMIT so i get compensated for my time and note that you can still reach me here at anytime after this chat is closed if you have other questions.

Please note the fact that from where i`m sitting there is just so much that i can do and rating below O.K service would only penalize me for that fact.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do not text me again. Of my visa will not pay for it. I do not have a credit card. I decline
Any help from you. You may delete my personal information. For that much money I can buy new one
Sincerely, Rosemary.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Sorry but I am not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech. that gets paid by this website once you rate me for my help .

Please use this link or phone number for these questions;
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help 1.***-***-****

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

.