Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

It won't turn on after a power surge last night. Red power

Customer Question

It won't turn on after a power surge last night. Red power button was blinking. But when I unplugged the power cord an all cables, it isn't blinking and the TV won't turn on.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Samsung plasma TV. It happened once before.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The screen is black like it is when the TV is turned off. I do not know if the menu is working. I can't see it.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Last night there was one power surge and outage for a couple of minutes and then another and for two hours when power came back on the red light was blinking, but tv would not turn on.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
LN32A450C1D. Cable uverse Amazon Fire
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you there
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for the info.

Was there any delayed power up issue prior to this problem occurred in TV?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Power surge and outage last night. Power button was blinking but after I disconnected all cables and power cord it no longer blinks and TV will not turn on.
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

OK, unfortunately this is power supply board failure and you would need to replace power supply board in TV to resolve the problem. If you have plan to do-it-yourself then reply back to assist you with further info and if you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote around $120 to $140...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Please do not post fresh question for same matter and reply here to continue.

Replacement power board would be available around $50 or so and you can add an hour labor charges of TV tech to get it replaced. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks.