Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a VIZIO model MI9OVA (year 2010). Worked perfectly

Customer Question

I have a VIZIO model MI9OVA (year 2010). Worked perfectly until one of the wires in the back fell out. Can't afford a repair person. How do I figure out where to plug it back in?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

If what you're describing a black metal screw with needle pin- this would be a coaxial cable for cable TV. However that would not prevent the TV from turning on.

Are you saying the TV will not physically turn ON or that it turns on yet with a black screen?

Additionally, if you grab the original Vizio remote and press MENU, does the set's own MENU show up?

Any way you can take a picture of that cable you're looking at and post it on this page (using the paperclip icon to upload from a PC)?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Please view the page and reply back to proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If this is in fact, a screw on/threaded cable with a pin sticking out of the end, it would plug into the jack labeled "DTV/TV" on the back of the TV and it screws onto this jack. The jack is also shown on page 11 of the manual at the link below (labeled DTV/TV):

Make sure you shut the TV off before screwing that connector onto the back of the TV to avoid an arc.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.