Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

My remote control is not working properly.Some times it will

Customer Question

my remote control is not working properly.Some times it will turn on the TV and if it does it will not turn off.I have to turn it off by unplugging the TV itself. The remote will not allow me to select a different chanel, change the volume or select the chanel by using the up down & down button. It will only allow me to use is input buttons marked TV 0r AV. I changed the batteries today & it made no difference.I tried to change TV to Foxtel station but to no avail.By pushing the button the foxtel receiver which will only allow Chanel 9. So when I do have to fire up the TV (which is on the wall opposite our bed.) I have to go into rear room & switch the button on the foxtel receiver.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the TV and the remote control itself.