Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Samsung tv model # UN40H635AF will not come on with the

Customer Question

samsung tv model # UN40H635AF will not come on with the remote sensor light went off
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: 2014 yes, i left it unplugged overnight
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: menu does not work replaced batteries in remote
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: went out yesterday, i was watching something on amazon prime and tried to turn it off and remote did not work thought it was the batteries but guess not
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: well i don't have it on a cable box only use this tv as a monitor to watch netflix or amazon
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you.

In your own words, describe your level of experience with electronics, because at this point the tv needs diagnosis, parts, and service. I can help with that but with these symptoms, DIY diagnosis is going to be very complex.

If you do not have the needed skills and tools then having it repaired by a local shop will end up costing as much as a new 40" tv. Just an in home diagnosis is usually at least $100 up front.

I'm sorry for the bad news. I do understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant but at least now you can make the most of your situation without high repair costs and long wait times. You saved a lot of time and money by coming here first.

Remember, I will be here with you throughout this entire process. Unless there is something else you can think of, please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page before you go. Rating now does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost.

Thanks