Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I connected the audio cables to the back of my tv and also

Customer Question

I connected the audio cables to the back of my tv and also to the back of the DVD player.i hooked up the video cable to tv and DVDs.i turned both the tv and DVD player on. Went to setup and it does nothing
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: The tv is a Samsung smart tv 6500 and 55 inch screen
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I bought the DVDs today
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the TV and DVD player. Additionally, please describe how the DVD player is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The model of the tv is Samsung smart tv 6500 55 inch screen. The model of the DVDs player issanyo FWDP150F The cables are composite audio and vidieo. The DVDs is using yellow for vidieo and red and white for audio left and right.the same on the tv
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Might the Samsung be a UN55JU6500?

And for some reason, the Sanyo FWDP150F is reported back as a non-valid product; please re-check.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The model of the tv is Samsung smart tv 6500 55 inch screen. The model of the DVDs player issanyo FWDP150F The cables are composite audio and vidieo. The DVDs is using yellow for vidieo and red and white for audio left and right.the same on the tv no the model is a fwvp105f Sanyo punched at Walmart today
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The model of the tv is Samsung smart tv 6500 55 inch screen. The model of the DVDs player issanyo FWDP150F The cables are composite audio and vidieo. The DVDs is using yellow for vidieo and red and white for audio left and right.the same on the tv no the model is a fwvp105f Sanyo punched at Walmart today I also have a Yamaha receiver and tuner.rxv491
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Appreciate the additional information; a Sanyo FWDP105F.

Depending on the TV model and if connected correctly, have you tried pressing on the SOURCE button / ► to select the input mode (AV, Video or Composite) then ENTER ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The model of the tv is Samsung smart tv 6500 55 inch screen. The model of the DVDs player issanyo FWDP150F The cables are composite audio and vidieo. The DVDs is using yellow for vidieo and red and white for audio left and right.the same on the tv no the model is a fwvp105f Sanyo punched at Walmart today I also have a Yamaha receiver and tuner.rxv491 yes
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Is the yellow RCA jack at the back of the TV specifically labeled as VIDEO IN?

How does the "...Yamaha receiver and tuner.rxv491..." fit into the system please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The model of the tv is Samsung smart tv 6500 55 inch screen. The model of the DVDs player issanyo FWDP150F The cables are composite audio and vidieo. The DVDs is using yellow for vidieo and red and white for audio left and right.the same on the tv no the model is a fwvp105f Sanyo punched at Walmart today I also have a Yamaha receiver and tuner.rxv491 yes on the remote it has setup button and I pushed it and it did nothing .It just says vidieo
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

A quick test to determine if the DVD-to-TV connections and TV settings are correct; play a known to be good DVD movie disc. Is there video and audio from the TV of the movie?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The model of the tv is Samsung smart tv 6500 55 inch screen. The model of the DVDs player issanyo FWDP150F The cables are composite audio and vidieo. The DVDs is using yellow for vidieo and red and white for audio left and right.the same on the tv no the model is a fwvp105f Sanyo punched at Walmart today I also have a Yamaha receiver and tuner.rxv491 yes on the remote it has setup button and I pushed it and it did nothing .It just says vidieo. I do not know. I have DVDs in the player push the play button and there is no audio or video
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The model of the tv is Samsung smart tv 6500 55 inch screen. The model of the DVDs player issanyo FWDP150F The cables are composite audio and vidieo. The DVDs is using yellow for vidieo and red and white for audio left and right.the same on the tv no the model is a fwvp105f Sanyo punched at Walmart today I also have a Yamaha receiver and tuner.rxv491 yes on the remote it has setup button and I pushed it and it did nothing .It just says vidieo. I do not know. I have DVDs in the player push the play button and there is no audio or video. It not much of a DVDs player but it has a setup button on the remote but does nothing
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

For some reason, previous posts are repeatedly shown making it difficult to follow the chain/flow of diagnosis procedure.

For the TV, please use the SOURCE button not setup or anything else.

For the DVD player, merely loading a disc would initiate play and if not, then use the front panel's ►button.

And as posted before; "...Is the yellow RCA jack at the back of the TV specifically labeled as VIDEO IN?..."

Is the yellow RCA jack at the back of the TV specifically labeled as VIDEO IN