Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

Panasonic plasma flatscreen TV stuck in standby mode, 7

Customer Question

Panasonic plasma flatscreen TV stuck in standby mode
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 7 years old, TC-50PS14
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No picture, so no menu, just ten red plinks, 5-secs, and ten more plinks.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 3 days now. The TV has been run through a receiver for the past month. Now I have disconnected the HDMI cable from the receiver, and am operating the TV by itself.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: my wife tells me that there was a slight "pop" immediately before it went on standby. At that time it was still run through the receiver.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 month ago.

10 blinks is a fault code however we have had some sets throw up erroneous faults codes so please unplug the set from wallpower wait 2 mins ,take all the INPUTS out of the back of the set, wait 5 mins then replug back in with no inputs connected are you still getting 10 blinks please?

How is this working out please?