Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Please help to find the signal for my TV model no LT-40N530C

Customer Question

Hi please help to find the signal for my TV model no LT-40N530C
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Was the TV working fine before and then stopped?

Also how do you get "Signal" on the set specifically (Cable/SAT Box, antenna, etc.)?

Do you see "No Signal" on the screen and are you familiar with the "Source" or "Input" button?

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Do you need assistance with this?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It was working fine befor I relocated to north west,am using ariel for my signal.yes it says no signal on the screen
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Is your TV on the correct "Source" setting? In other words did you use the Samsung remote and select "TV" as the Input? Let me know.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Use the "Source" button on the Samsung remote and the first step is make sure it's on the TV setting, then simply reply back so we can continue.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My remote is jvc RM-C7450
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Bt I don't have a Samsung remote
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Go to the TV itself and press the source button to put the TV on the TV input please.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Ah, my bad. This is a JVC set not a Samsung set- the model number is ***** identical. Please give me a minute.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ohk no problem i'll wait
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Use the "Input" button on the JVC remote and select the TV Input setting. Once that is done you may need to run a channel scan again, but let's get to the TV input first and see if you get a picture.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just did my input is on ATV
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Wait input setting?
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Okay that's analog TV. Try to change channels- any channels?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did but still Nating is happening
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Go into the channel menu and run a channel scan please. The TV needs to scan for channels at the new location. Let me know once you've done that.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's on the auto turning now or should I put it on ATV Manual turning?
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Auto tuning is what you want. Also, do you know if the signal where you moved to is analog or digital? We kind of have to know that since ATV will only pickup analog channels, and DTV would pickup digital channels.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
To be honest I don't kno much about analog or digital,so am not sure if it's analog or digital.its done scanning but noluck
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Well you scanned in analog so now try to change to the digital or DTV input and scan again.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No luck still so what should I do now
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Aric are you still there?
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

If you still don't get channels, then there's no way to force the set to receive what it cannot pickup. This would mean that either the aerial at the location you're at is compromised/not picking up a signal, or you would need to obtain a converter box for the area you're located at. You would need to have someone test that aerial line and make sure it has reception first- as that is the most likely cause of this issue. Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
basically there is Nating you can help me with?
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Here's the thing- you scanned using both analog and digital and the TV CANNOT pickup any channels. So it sounds like your aerial is broken which is not something I can fix from here.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
But i've tried it with different ariels
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

If you've tried with different aerials the it would appear the TV's tuner has prematurely failed. There is nothing else that would cause this. How long have you owned the set for?