Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I just bought a 24 in. LED HDTV series 4000 that I am trying

Customer Question

I just bought a 24 in. LED HDTV series 4000 that I am trying to install. I have some basic questions. There were no leads in with the tv so I am trying to use the leads of the tv I'm replacing. I have red, yellow and white (no blue) leads. I have connected them to the like colors on the tv. I have also connected a short black cord that goes from the box into the wall. I bought an antenna and have also plugged that in. But when I push the ON button on the control nothing happens. This is mysterious because earlier when I had done this a screen came on saying I should check the antenna connection (which I did) and that I had no audio connection (don't recall exactly). Since then, when I press the red contol button, the screen doesn't come on at all. HELP!
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Offhand, if the TV is not even responding to it's own power button right now- this indicates you have a premature failure in the set. There is nothing within normal operation of the set that will prevent it's power button from turning the set on.

That being said, in order to proceed and see what we're dealing with, I need more info:

1) What is the full model number off of the back of the set?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

2) Was this set just purchased brand new from an authorized retailer?

Please view my post and reply back to continue.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Do you need assistance with the question you posted?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.