Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have installed UVERSE TV connections (replacing Direct TV)

Customer Question

I have installed UVERSE TV connections (replacing Direct TV) in May. We have two tV sets that are working well. I am trying to install a third that is in a distant point in my house _approximately 75 feet from the Gateway. I have a new VAP2500 and Receiver. I have followed the instructions at least 6 times. The Access port shows pared (blinking) and pressing the power buton on the Receiver shows three bars. However, I can not get reception of TV signal. It stops with a picture of the Receiver on the screen with a halo indicating broadcast signal (green) bars.
Is it possible that I am too far from the Gateway and Access point??
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

It does sound as though you are likely too far from the Gateway. The high frequency this unit transmits at will be very sensitive to wall materials, obstructions, other wireless equipment (phones, outer, etc.).

It is also possible, but not highly likely, that you have a defective receiver. As a quick test, try taking that receiver and TV combination to another room at about the halfway point of where you are now and see if the box will connect. If it does, then we know that you are simply too far from the gateway at the 75 foot point.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If the receiver still doe snot connect at a closer location, then it would indicate a faulty receiver and you would want to then get Uverse to replace that unit. However it would seem from what I'm reading here, that you likely have too many obstructions at the distance you're trying to get it to connect at.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Some customers can get by with up to 100 feet of range with an open floorplan, or nothing but windows between the access point and receiver, but on the flip side others have problems going 30 feet with thick walls, cement, Wi-Fi or lots of electrical wiring in between the two locations. There isn't an easy quick way to determine what range you can expect in any given location as there are too many factors. However the best way to test is to try moving the receiver and access point closer to each other to determine what is causing your receiver to not connect.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.