Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

I have a LG47ln5400. The backlight isn't working. I checked

Customer Question

I have a LG47ln5400. The backlight isn't working. I checked the power supply voltages on P201 and they all looked right. What to do now.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-Are you a tv repair man/shop? or is this your tv?

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Not sure why you are unable to reply.....

You can try measuring the voltages across P801, the LED output voltages but the problem you are having is 98% usually the LED strips inside the panel itself. Replacing those LED strips is not something that repair shops do because it is way too much labor hours and very high risk of damaging the screen assembly. But if that is something you want to attempt, you can find demo video and order them here:

Remember, I will be here with you throughout this entire process. Unless there is something else you can think of, please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page before you go. Rating now does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?