Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I splattered primer paint on my 4k screen, what to do

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?
Note that I need time to type and research for parts and info if needed so don't be surprised if there are delays between replies

Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

I will give you a 2 steps recipe

First you need to loosen up that paint with an oily substance .

Some will use vegetable oil and elbow grease to do that and you could give it a try but one thing that will not hurt your screen and we use in shops to remove glue left behind by stickers for example is WD40 and elbow grease .

Just spay it on a cloth and rub in circles , turn that cloth over and so on until the paint is gone but note that it will leave mean streaks so here is step number 2 ;

Mix 3/4 rubbing alcohol to 1/4 water and add a few drops of dish soap and shake gently not to foam and you have the perfect homemade eyeglass cleaner which is also the best for lcd and plasma screens .

Finally as a last resort use paint thinner but make sure it does not contains acetone , general purpose or even varsol wont hurt the screen but try to stick to veggie oil or wd40 at first