Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

Recently it has appeared in my Samsung 60" TV, multiple

Customer Question

Hi, recently it has appeared in my Samsung 60" TV
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: multiple colored lines
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes, inclusive taking the input source out of tv leaves displayed the lines
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 3 days
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that about it Ma'am
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I noticed that you were processed through the website's automated "introduction". Please understand that every visitor to the website gets those exact same computer generated responses, word for word. Honestly, had an actual technician welcomed you here, a very different greeting would have been presented.

-How long have you had the tv?

-Are the lines horizontal (left to right), or vertical (up/down)?

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

You can try unplugging the tv power cord for 3 minutes, but this does not sound like something that will clear up just by a reset.

In your own words, describe your level of experience with electronics... because at this point the tv needs diagnosis, parts, and service (starting with replacing a board). I can help with that but if you do not have the needed skills and tools then having it repaired by a local shop will end up costing about $350. Just an in home diagnosis is usually at least $100 up front. I can also help you find a local repair shop.

I'm sorry for the bad news. I do understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant but at least now you can make the most of your situation without high repair costs and long wait times. You saved a lot of time and money by coming here first.

Remember, I will be here with you throughout this entire process. Unless there is something else you can think of, please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page before you go. Rating now does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost.