Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Sharp 32 lcd, has a problem where after being on for a

Customer Question

Sharp 32 lcd, has a problem where after being on for a while, it will stsrt filckering in beightness. The guy i got it from said ut would turn on and then immediately shut off, but i ran it for a whole day and never had it shut off on me. I used a power cord from a vizio 60", so maybe its an issue of the power rating of the cord? I sold it, the lady said it was shutting off on her...that she had it plugged into an extension cord...and then she SAID it turned off on her when it was plugged into
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

The power cord from the Vizio has NOTHING to do with the issue. What;s the model number off of the back of the Sharp please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Yeah, I didnt figure it would....just strange that it turned off for the guy i bought it from, and fhe lady i sold it to, but not for me at any time. Im guessing psb caps, but...yeah. appreciate an actual diagnosis. I am at work for another 6 hours, but as soon as i get home i can put a multimeter to it and check for fluctuating voltages. Model number is ***** And i have several more questions i can put to ya tonight, too, if you're available.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for the reply. There are two things that can cause the set to fluctuate in brightness- either the power board/inverter circuit or the actual lighting in the panel itself (very unlikely). However the model number off you r set does not show up in any searches. Can you check it again please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Sure thing. It's right, with a hyphen after the lc...LC-32SB24U

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Ah got it. 24U, not 42U as posted. Looking...

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

3 different power supplies listed for this unit, I would need the part number off of the PSB to tell you where to test.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Oops, sorry, guess im dyslexic lol. K, no prob, ill pop rhe cover off when i get home tonight and post up the board number for ya. Let me open a couple other questions for ya in the meantime

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

No problem on the number, I just couldn't look it up till you corrected it. That sounds good, will engage and help any question I can.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Sounds good....for some reason, when i try to post directly to you...i get to the model number acreen, and skip it. And it redirects me to a "steve g" that wants a deposit....screw all that, im on an unlimited premier membership, lol, so imma post the question in the general forum

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

I'm not privy to any of that, and in fact have no idea how the site rolls on the customer end. I have as much control as a pedestrian at a crosswalk. Lol. Anyhow, sorry you're having those issues and like I said- if I see a question and can help- then I will.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

I understand, thanks. I called customer service, and they said they dont know whats goin on, and gave me a direct number to adam? Sounds like the same voice that does the teleprompts on the 800 number, so....dunno if my membership has been reviked or something...but soon as i get home ill get ya the board number off this tv, if I can still access my account

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hoping all is well on that front, and let me know when you have the board number. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Sorry it took so long. The last couple of weeks have been super busy for me. I am still in need of help on this unit, and quickly. So when i was trying to recreate the fault, I noticed it ran fone for about 30 minutes....i turned up the color, backlight and brightness, and it recreated the fault. The power board number is ***** since the resale on 32" is so low, I need to to diagnose this doen to component level. I am ready and prepared to test diodes, capacitors, transformers, ehatever is necessary. I have a multimeter that while isnt exactly what I would like, should be sufficient. I have access to several great parts houses that should have whatever ICs I need. If you couls help me out on this quickly, I would be happy to give you an excellent rating and a tip. If you dont have the time to address this quickly, or feel that you're not able to help me diagnose this down to a component level, then O respectfully ***** ***** you opt out of this question so I can get it handled asap. Thanks.