Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a sharp LCD tv and bought a Samsung DVD with surround

Customer Question

I have a sharp LCD tv and bought a Samsung DVD with surround system. Happened to be the TV channel sound can't go thru to the surround system, but it is fine when you play DVD. Any ideas how to solve it?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Is sharp Aquos, quite few years back. But it's own HDMI port where I used to connect.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes. I tried 4 HDMI port but all same. Is that need to connect another wires instead Of HDMI cable to make TV sound out from surround system?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Is all the while. I just bought The Samsung DVD with surround system.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: where the antenna input should I connect to? To the TV or to the Samsung DVD? Is this the sources?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) What's the model number off the back of the Sharp?

2) How do you receiver "TV sound"- is there a cable BOX connected? I need to know the manner of connection from the cable to the TV (ex: Cable Box using an HDMI cable to the TV, etc.)?

3) What cabling are you CURRENTLY using to connect the TV to the Samsung sound system?

All of this is relevant in solving your issue.