Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

Blue screen, samsung un50j6200af, no response with anything<

Customer Question

blue screen
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: samsung un50j6200af
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no response with anything< havent had anything hooked up to it except wifi
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: happened last night, it had no issues before this. I had it on and it was working fine, and I left the room for a minute and when I came back the screen was blue.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

If you press the MENU button on the samsung remote, does that show anything?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it won't show anything at all. none of the buttons work except the power button.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for confirming.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; since this is a 2015 model you may still be under the factory warranty, if you've had it for less than a year. Beyond that, you'd be on your own for the cost of repairs.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

However, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty for about the same price.

Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help with this?