Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I bought a philip 37HFL5560D/27 from hotel liquidation sale.

Customer Question

Hi, I bought a philip 37HFL5560D/27 from hotel liquidation sale. I was given the set-up code but I mistakenly locked it. Can you help me?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Hi I`m Jack

I could possibly help you with this but first I would need to know which part and how its locked ??

Are we talking about parental lock , function key lock , input lock etc. ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Good morning, I am not sure but, I hooked my old set back up and will wait and take the tv back to where I bought it and get him to unlock it. I didn't know the answer process took this long and since I wanted to watch tv last night I called the cable company and had them send the signal back to my old set.
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

It usually doesn`t take this long ,

The problem was about the HOTEL tv that not too many tech. will tackle , was off myself last night when you asked .

You will need the master remote for this tv by the way , its the only way you will be able to fully operate it .

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

If you are interested then I can give you the manual that explains about the locks and a link where you can get that remote ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The set was unlocked for me with the master remote and I was given the code to use whet I got it home and I did. I had the cable hooked up and all, signal was sent cable remote was programed but I started going through things and hitting this and that and ended up hitting the wrong thing and the next thing I knew there was no picture only LOCKED on the screen. So I will take it back so he can set it up for me again.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I checked out some sites yesterday and found the remote which I intend to get and I downloaded the manual. Once he works his magic I should be set .
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

No problem then

Cheers

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It took Jack a few days before he got back to me and by that time I was taking the TV back and the TV person unlocked it for me.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 months ago.

It actually did not take me 2 days to get back to you , your question was wide open (for 2 days) to every techs in here if you see what i mean .

I`m not the only tech. in here, I simply am the only one who would take on your question