Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

On ABC when the football game is on we can not see all of

Customer Question

On ABC when the football game is on we can not see all of the screen. We have tried all odds the settings on the directv box and the TV. The directv box is a D10 Model. The TV is a RCA 42" LED TV. I am told that it is just the way ABC broadcast the game, is there anyway we can fix this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

HD Zoom
(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. Let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have already tried all of that. None of it works.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Then there isn't anything else you can do since those are the only adjustments for the picture size. I'm unsure how "none of it works" since you should be able to shrink the picture using Format- or whatever other option the DTV remote has. What button does their remote use out of the ones I mentioned above?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is not a HD box. The format does not do anything. The only adjustment is the ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 and that does not change anything.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Okay, have you tried these steps straight from their website yet?

How to change your TV screen format

1. Go to any channel and press the INFO button
  2. Press the RIGHT ARROW to scroll through to Audio/Video
  3. Press the DOWN ARROW to highlight “Change Resolution & Format,” then press SELECT to cycle through different screen formats.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That does not work on this box. It is not a HD box. I just want my 33 dollars back.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Okay, I'm out and no longer involved in the question. Also- I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. You can direct billing questions here: http://*****@******.***