Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Oh our sharp aquos tv isn't working. This morning it kept

Customer Question

Oh hey, our sharp aquos tv isn't working. This morning it kept shutting off and now it won't come on. The power light (white) blinks but no picture comes up. Earlier this week we noticed what is (I'm guessing) a backlight out on the bottom half of the screen
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's about 4 years old, maybe 3. Model is Aquos LC, 52 inch ( think). I have the manual next to me but it lists 7 different models. The TV is currently mounted to the wall.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No, the TV won't come on at all, no menu, no inputs, nada.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Since this morning. I've had in unplugged for a few hours, plugged it back in, same thing. Earlier this week we noticed a backlight out
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

1) On the manual look for the one that starts with LC-52 and please get me that full model number.

2) That power light is blinking a code- please tell me what you get for a code (for example: 2 long blinks followed by 2 fast blinks, etc.).

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Please view my reply and postback to continue.