Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have ET-4550 abut 2 moths old an barely used. When I print

Customer Question

I have ET-4550 abut 2 moths old an barely used. When I print a color picture three are horizontal lines running through out the picture. I have tried a number of fixes from the manual but cannot get this to stop. Need some help.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there Gorge. My name is***** am sorry that you are having this problem. I will do my best to help. I'll need to ask a couple of questions.

1) Did the printer sit for awhile without being used to print?

2) Have you tried running a complete cleaning process on the printer at least twice? Did you print a test page after the cleaning? If so, was there any improvement?

3) Have you checked your ink levels?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
to All your questions.
Printer did sit
Cleaned two times then turned off 12 hours
Ink has been checked
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for that information. This is a common problem with ink jet printersthat are not used frequently. The ink that is left in the nozzles can dry up and clog the nozzles. If you have done 2 cleaning cycles with no improvement, Epson suggests that you switch off the machine, wait 24 hours, and then perform Deep Cleaning again. It may take that long for the dried ink in th enozzles to soften. If it still doesn't print all colors correctly, I can provide methods for manually cleaning the Epson printheads. However, since your printer is only 2 months old, you don't want to do anything that can void your warranty. You may be able to get Epson to replace the printer cartridges for you since the printer is so new.