Jason Jones, Customer Service
Experience:  Several years of troubleshooting.

I'm on a cruise ship that has locked it's Viewsonic VT 2370.

Customer Question

Hi Tim,
I'm on a cruise ship that has locked it's Viewsonic VT 2370. The staff says they are not allowed to unlock in order for me to use the HDMI inputs.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 month ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask what it means when you say that it is "locked"?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
By locked I cannot access the HDMI connectors that are on the TV. Usually I bribe a technion to come to my cabin and enter a code that allows me to use the HDMI connectors.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The TV is the problem

Oh, if they forgot how to remove the lock, they can follow the instructions below to remove the lock.

- Turn the TV off.

- Press and hold the Volume down and Volume Up buttons, then press and release the Power button.

- Now you will see the unlocking buttons on screen.

- Press and hold the Menu and Channel + button, then press the Power button.

- The reset menu will now appear.

- Using the remote control, go to "Recall Memory" and select it. When you are asked, "Are you sure?", move to 'Yes' and press enter.

Now power the tv off and on. Once it is back up, do a channel scan and you will be all set.

One quick note: This is my job; however, I only get credit for my time, if you rate my help with 3 Stars or more. I would prefer a 5 star rating, if you are satisfied. If you are not happy with my answer below, please let me know so we can continue.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at ohe following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you there?

Yes. I am here. Are you there? Did you follow my instructions?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it did not work
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The crise ship has a code that only they can use to allow access to the HDMI connectors

In that case, you will need their code.

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have to sign off now because the ship is ready to leave port & their "cell at sea" costs a fortune. I will email you Saturday when we get to Canada wher I have coverage, Mike
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am back on line and hope that someone can help me. The Viewsonic TV's on board are lock and only the tech staff have the code to allow me to use the HDMI connectors. I need a "backdoor" to get into the control panel & override their lock. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I also tried to bribe the techs on the shipp but they will not give the code or unlock because they are under orders from Princess.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well no one seems to be on line? Please let me know when I can contact someone. Thanks, Mike.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.