Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Are tv not working Toshiba Regina all black screen no sound

Customer Question

Are tv not working Toshiba Regina all black screen no sound no picture
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Toshiba Regza model 46rv535u year 08
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No menu no input button yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: one day no bad weather
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: We unconnected everything tried plugging it back in after 6 hours lights flashing three times clicks
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The light blinking 3 times repeatedly is a fault code. Can you please tell me what color the light is while blinking?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Is it *****, ***** or red?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Amber
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Thanks. This is a failure with the TV's Mainboard. That said, is this something you're looking to repair yourself, or are you looking to see IF the set is repairable and at what cost?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Repairable
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

There aren't any pushbutton fixes for this- you've already tried all that can be done, which is to leave the set unplugged for a length of time. The set has a hardware issue causing the ***** *****ght to blink the three code. This code and the color points to the Mainboard (the AV Input board) failing and requires it be replaced. Now your set is 8 years old and the cost of repairs is in the $250-$275 range which is NOT cost effective on a 46" set that can be replaced for the same money. What I'm saying is a brand new 46" LED TV can be purchased for the same money as repairing this set, and you will get a brand-new TV, with warranty and more features than a 2008 model.