Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

TV Clicks on an off on it's own. Eventually just stopped

Customer Question

TV Clicks on an off on it's own. Eventually just stopped turning on. Red light on the front of the TV keeps flashing but no picture.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.
- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- Does power light on TV turn On or blink when press power button?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Model: PN60F5300AFXZA
The red light blinks when the power button is pushed
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

OK, any board you have replaced in TV to fix the problem?

Do you get program sound from TV internal speakers?
Also, does screen glow/ show light when turn On the TV?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We replaced the power supply board, and it burned it as soon as we tried to turn it on, and still didn't turn on. There was no sound, or light when power button was pushed, only the red light on the front of the TV flashing. This issue began happening about 1 month before the TV finally stopped turning on. The TV would turn off on it's own and take 1-2 hours before it would turn back on. It began doing it more frequently and then eventually would not turn back on at all.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for the info.

Do you have multimeter and can check volts on circuit boards inside TV if you're looking to repair the TV yourself OR want diagnosis and approx cost on repair info?

This will help me to assist you accordingly.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do not have a meter, We took it to a repair shop and they are saying that they are not sure what is wrong, but that it would likely cost more than the cost of the TV to fix it. I would like info on diagnosis and cost of repair.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It was just a very expensive TV, and it is only 2 years old. We were really hoping to be able to have it repaired.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Sorry to hear that, it is either sustain boards OR main processor board issue, it needs further troubleshooting with multimeter to check output volts of power supply board which will help to determine what board is bad to get it replaced.

You may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.