Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

The TV has stopped accessing netflix. Frontier

Customer Question

the TV has stopped accessing netflix. Frontier Communications, my provider, has suggested I remove the netflix app and reinstall it. I don't know how to do either
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Sharp Aquos 7-8 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Only that my router has a two to three bar signal, but that hasn't changed. I called Frontier and an earlier technician said it was on Frontier's end not mine. Emphatically said that my router was fine.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: cost?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) What is the model number off of the back of the Sharp TV?

2) What exactly happens when you press the Netflix button on your Sharp remote?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry, had trouble with security stopping the payment
sharp Liquid Crystal TV
Model LC60LE832UNetflix doesn't connect and the TV says"
Unable to connect to Netflix. Please try again or visit:
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Thanks. Also, how far away from the TV is the router, and have you gone through the basics of rebooting the router, as well as unplugging and plugging back in the TV?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the router is about 40 ft away and yes i have tried to reboot the router and unplugging and plugging the TV
I get 2 - 3 bars for the strength of signal from the router
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Thanks. 40 feet is quite a ways a way and 2-3 bars is not a strong signal in most cases. I know in homes I install in that 2 bars is usually no connection (since Netflix is streaming and requires a strong signal). Anyhow, how many other devices are connected to the router (smart phones, laptops, etc.)?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
three smart phones, two ipads, an iMac and one laptop
the router has worked from this distance for years.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Okay, I'm sorry but something came up and I need to leave, so I will opt out and open the question up to other experts.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Do you have issues with any other apps on the tv?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.