Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How do i hookup wireless 5/1 headphones to my UN40EH5300FXZC

Customer Question

how do i hookup wireless 5/1 headphones to my UN40EH5300FXZC tv
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Do you have a Brand and Model for those headphones please? Or can you tell me what type of connection the Headphone "Base" uses please?

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Just wondering if you needed assistance with the question today.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Wireless headphone have a "Base" that transmits the signal to the headphones. The base has connections on it- which can range from 1/8" stereo to RCA red and white to Optical. Unless you're talking about "BlueTooth" headphones- which in that case will not work at all on this TV. That is why I asked about the headphones you have. The connection depends on what headphones you're using.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
1 item sold by elec-mall
5in1 Wireless Headphones FM Hi-Fi Earphone for TV Stereo MP3 MP4 PC CD DVD PC
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

It appears your TV has both an Optical (for 5.1) and an 1/8" Mini jack for stereo.

That is not a model number or a valid name brand for the headphones. I would presume they're a chinese company. Anyhow you will need to look and see what type of connections the headphone base uses, or postback with a photograph of the headphone base and I can tell you which of the two connections above will work.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Looks like these may be sold as "Pyle" and other off-brands. Let me ask you this, do you have a black connector as well as a red connector on wires that connect to the base?

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Do you have the info you needed?

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.