Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a old emerson tv i got a cord that is on one end the

Customer Question

I have a old emerson tv i got a cord that is on one end the three yellow, red, white and the other is hdmi i plugged my apple tv into it, plugged it into router and its not even bringing up a picture at all. Keeos saying no signal
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the picture before?
Customer: Its a emerson lcd tv/ dvd combination model number LD200EM8
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: No issues before
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I did channel setup and it did not work... oher than that i dont think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

First, a cord that is Red,White and Yellow on one end- and HDMI on the other, simply does not work. HDMI is digital and RCA RWY are analog, that cable simply cannot convert that signal in that way. We see lots of those cables that claim to do this, ad sadly simply cannot.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Additionally Apple TV has restrictions on it's copyright protection that disables being able to use any sort of converter. In short- you cannot use Apple TV on this older Emerson set. However, there is a device you CAN USE.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you have the opportunity to return the Apple TV box by chance? If so you will need to- unless you're looking to purchase a different TV. However if you want to keep this TV, then the ONLY streaming device you CAN use is the legacy Roku model- which does have RCA Red,White and Yellow jacks on it. It is specifically for connecting to older sets that do not have HDMI on them. I will post a link to the Roku model that will work with this set:

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

The Roku 1 unit at the link below has the RCA legacy connections for older TV's and will work with your Emerson set. Roku is a streaming device similar to ***** but does not require High Def Copyright HDMI signals like the Apple TV does:

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance with this please?