Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

The tv cycles on and off. i have sound back lines come on

Customer Question

the tv cycles on and off. i have sound back lines come on and off. i have replaced all boards with no difference.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung UN46EH5OOOFXA
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: All voltages check out fine, replaced main board, replaced power board, replace T Con board
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: fine
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;
Do you mean the screen comes on briefly at startup and turns off ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is a constant on and off issue
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

O.k then wish you had come hereto start with , you would`ve saved on parts and time .

Where did you get your boards anyway

Answer coming up in a minute

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

By the look of it I`m afraid that what your tv has is another case of defective LED strips and this is very common for LG and Samsung TV's , they both use the same trips anyway
Those LED`s are supposed to last a zillion hours but they do not , they are failing all over the place and not only in LG and Samsung

Here is a link to give you an idea what is needed ;

Mind you they don`t have it in stock at this time , these guys can`t keep up with the demand but if you were to look into this yourself then you could sign up there to be notified when back in stock but i must say that this is not an easy job to do and you will have to be comfortable working with electronic circuits , here is a video that shows you how its done , not your model but the same job ;

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you