Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a DLP model HL-S5687WXIXAA and it is shutting off on

Customer Question

I have a DLP model HL-S5687WXIXAA and it is shutting off on overheating. When I place an external fan on it it runs without shutting down, so I suspect the main cooling fan is not working. How do I replace it or check for other posibilities?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

When it shuts down, there are three error indicator lights on the front of the set- what is each one of them doing (what is the color, label and status - lit/blinking)?

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

The LED status indicators are located on page 6-7 (click the service manual below):

Also the fans are shown on page 8-1:

http://www.bdtinc.com/pub/docs/TV/HLS5087WX-XAA.pdf

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The reply took so long (4 days) that I went ahead and replaced the fan and the set is now working fine. I do not think that the charge of $23 on top of the deposit of $5 was justified.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

That's strange you would say, since if you look at the times right on the posts you'll see that I posted 1 MINUTE after you posted your question.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Also with regards ***** ***** - I am not privy to any of that. My task here is to provide you with an accurate answer to your question which I did, and my reply was almost instantaneous if you look at the time stamp on the page itself. It appears you did not log on to check the answer for quite a period of time. If you stayed on the page you would have had that answer in 1 minute, which is not something I can control.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.