Richard, Technician
Experience:  Avid TV Technician
32989067

I have a Hisense Digital 40" that wont play some MKV files

Customer Question

I have a Hisense Digital 40" that wont play some MKV files via USB. IS there any way to update the codecs on the TV?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Hisense 40" Digital LED (not smart) – 8 months old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing really just apart from trying to find instructions on how to update the codecs. Firmware seems to be up-to-date
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope!
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

No sorry, the firmware is hard coded with the codecs it comes with.

Your option is to either play it via a computer onto the TV, or cast it from your computer to a device such as the Google Chromecast which you can purchase here

www.google.com/chromecast

Which allows you to play from your computer to the TV, wirelessly.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you