Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I just purchased a Vizio TV yesterday from a Target store

Customer Question

I just purchased a Vizio TV yesterday from a Target store and there are some areas on the screen where the pixels are blacked out and gray. Is this cover under the Limited warranty?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) Was the set purchased brand new, or refurbished?

2) If you grab the Vizio remote and pull up the set's own MENU, are the pixels gone on the MENU as well?

3) How many spots are we talking about here?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1) brand new. 2) pixels stil black/gray. 3) 2 clusters on center and lower right of screen
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the reply. "Clusters" of failed pixels would not be acceptable under what is considered "normal" occasional bad pixels on LCD/LED TV's, and would be something that would be covered under warranty. However you may need to be diligent when you call Vizio and persistent in stating that these are not single white pixels but rather larger spots on the screen indicative of a premature "panel failure". You can contact Vizio using the number below:

How to Get Service

Before obtaining warranty service, you may visit for additional help and troubleshooting. To obtain warranty service, contact VIZIO Technical Support via email at***@******.*** or via phone at 877 MY VIZIO(###) ###-####. The VIZIO Technical Support hours are 5:00AM to 9:00PM Monday through Friday and 7:00AM to 4:00PM Saturday and Sunday, Pacific Time.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Actually, one thing I did miss....

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Since this set was purchased yesterday- you can exchange it RIGHT AT TARGET. Any TV purchased has 30 days to exchange directly through the retailer. No need to go through Vizio on this one. I can also tell you that those pixels are not normal, since I own 2 of these sets, and my brother owns three (different models but current/newer Vizio sets), and the one you have is an anomally.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help here?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.