Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

I only have one hdmi port, and I had it on my cable provider

Customer Question

I only have one hdmi port, and I had it on my cable provider for a few days. I just removed that one and put in the Roku one, and it's saying no signal
JA: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?
Customer: Emerson
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I unplugged the Roku power cord, waited, and plugged it back in
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 month ago.

So did it work OK with the cable box?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

So cable box doesn't work either, or did not work

Hdmi loss is a very common issue with modern TVs, there is however a procedure to follow and that procedure is this

1) Un-plug the set from wallpower wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again re-check if HDMI has returned

2)Reset the TV to factory default in the settings menu (if there is a facility in the settings some sets have this some do not)

3)If all bases covered above that will mean a main-board replacement

You need to get the back off the set, locate the main-board that's the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the part-number try first, if they don't have it google the part-number to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)

The reason why the part-number must be used is because there may be different part-numbers in the same model that are not interchangeable (up to 5 different types) so that is why you must use it from the original board.

Let me know if you need more help with this please

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks