Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My tv will not turn on

Customer Question

my tv will not turn on
Category: TV
Expert:  Steven replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is Steven, I could try and shed some light on this issue for you but could you double check the model number that is not a good model number?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Lf501em4f
Expert:  Steven replied 8 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** tried turning the TV on using the buttons on the TV instead of the remote, if so do any LED"S light up?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
as I said I have manually the red light in front of TV goes on and off slowly
Expert:  Steven replied 8 months ago.

Thank sorry I don't see that info listed any place in the session. If the red light flashes when press the power button, then the main board is trying to turn on the power supply which intern lights up the back lights in the screen in order to see the picture, what happens after, does the LED stay off / on or just continue to flash?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Continue to flash
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
R you there
Expert:  Steven replied 8 months ago.

That symptom is a bit tricky as it could be a faulty power board or the back light system in the screen could be faulty? It certainly needs repair, theirs not a reset or anything like that, that can be performed. If the back light system in the screen is faulty then the repair would not be practical as the cost of the screen is 80 percent of the TV's value. If you would like I could give a part number and price for the power supply but you would have to be able to perform some trouble shooting to determine the exact cause?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have recently moved and hooked up to a new cable company that says there system was doing updates and that's when this all occured
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am quite sure it is not in my tv.
Expert:  Steven replied 8 months ago.

It's most likely not the cause, the cable system would not cause the LED standby light to flash and not turn on the TV, you should be able to completely remove the the cable box from the TV and still power it on with out issue.

Expert:  Steven replied 8 months ago.

Are you still with me?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
between the cell messages and have to go open up mail to see if you have replied has been a very unpleasant experience that I will never use again
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
sorry but this is not even worth the 18 dollars much less a phone call and trying to get me to sign up for free trial while I am trying to resolve my own issues
Expert:  Steven replied 8 months ago.

Hum. not sure why you would have to do that you should be able to stay right in the chat, I have no control over that, I just work as a tech on the site.

Expert:  Steven replied 8 months ago.

I will opt out and you can contact support for a refund as the site is not working well for you? None one pays if they are not completely happy with the results.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am not happy and y do I have to talk to support. You talk to support.