Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Samsung smart TV - just purchased - have a HD cable box from

Customer Question

Samsung smart TV - just purchased - have a HD cable box from cable company that has to be part of it. Have put the cable cords on the correct places. My autotuning will only pick up three stations. Have changed cable cords. Same result. Have also tried autotuning all to see if that would make a differnence - none. What can I do next?
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Just purchased
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: redoing all the cords - believe I only need the power cords and cable cords?
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no Thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I noticed that you were processed through the website's automated "introduction". Please understand that every visitor to the website gets those exact same computer generated responses, word for word. Honestly, had an actual technician welcomed you here, a very different greeting would have been presented.

-What is the model number of the cable box?

-What port did you plug into on the back of the tv? all the ports have labels

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Also, who is your cable company?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Are you having website difficulties that are preventing you from replying?