Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Samsung LCD TV used to take forever to turn on just clicking

Customer Question

Samsung LCD TV used to take forever to turn on just clicking on and off. Now it clicks once and backlights come on after "jingle" and only white screen. I have checked caps, but none are bulging.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Caps have nothing to do with the set clicking before coming on, that is caused by a faulty Mainboard. Even the Samsung tech bulletin stated this, but somehow all over the internet people post about capacitors. Anyhow to fix the TV you need to replace your "Mainboard"- which is the board with the AV jacks on it. It provides the turn on command to the power supply board.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

The mainboard for your TV is part number: BN94-01545D , BN97-01870D

It is available used at the link below for just under $50 for your set:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAMSUNG-LNT4669FX-XAA-MAIN-UNIT-BN94-01545D-BN97-01870D-/252413857669?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Anyhow board was replaced 6 months ago by tech. Forgot to mention
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

What's an "Anyhow board"?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

What board was replaced?