Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I just turned on my Samsung Tv and no good picture with it,

Customer Question

I just turned on my Samsung Tv and no good picture with it
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: So I think the bulbs burnt out
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried pressing buttons on the remote and hooking up into cable box but no good picture has come in
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Model number is *****
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) Describe what you mean "no good picture with it".

2) When was the last time the Lamp was replaced?

3) Are there any lit or blinking LED indicators on the front of the set?

Please elaborate so we can proceed.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The lamp was replaced years ago.
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Okay good, please reply back to the rest.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The picture is only showing white when I click on my menu button so it's hard for me to scanfor my antenna channels
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Other than the black background
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

You said you had a cable box, so what antenna channels are you talking about?

Have you tried rebooting your cable box yet and making sure your TV is on the correct SOURCE setting?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well antenna was connected with cable box. I get antenna channels on my other TVs of the news and comedy. That LED light you're talking about I don't see it on there when it's on I just A little light lit in the back of it
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

You don't use an antenna with a cable box- antenna and cable are two completely different things. If you see your MENU then this problem has nothing to do with the lamp.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Whenever I click menu or stores like I told you earlier I can't see the things on the screen clearly that's why I think it's a bulb problem
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Or sources*
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
All I see is black in the background and white for the different venue and sources things that come up on the screen
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Menu*
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Oh okay, it sounded like you said you COULD see the MENU, because you said this: "The picture is only showing white when I click on my menu button"

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Are you using the original Samsung remote here? If not can you grab that remote and see if the MENU appears the same?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am. But even if I hook up a game system. The video doesn't come in properly for it because it doesn't let me change sources
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My thing that lets me play with on the menu is the brightness the sharpness and the other things that deals with the resolution of the screen
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My menu only lets me play*
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Also when it first turns on, when it hasn't been on in awhile. It's frizzy all over the screen for awhile. So that's another reason why I think the bulb is burnt out
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
After a while it just gives me that black and white
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I see picture thing on screen like yours but can't find source on menu and when I click source it doesn't pop up on TV so that's 1 problem. I'm stuck on the part of the TV were just lets you switch main tv channels.