Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a 40 inch Toshiba Smart TV, Model 50L3400U, S/N

Customer Question

I have a 40 inch Toshiba Smart TV, Model 50L3400U, S/N E15284T00735C1, April 2014, the picture now blinks every other second. The sound stays on but the picture continues to blink.
I've already paid $35 fee to Toshiba Tech by phone twice. Is there someone that can help me with this.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 3 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

You are now connected to a tech support site for a fee not Toshiba just so you understand that, I only receive a proportion of that fee from the site when you rate the answer positively now on with your question...

Is it a very fast flicker rather like a strobing of the brightness?

Anthony

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it's a fast flicker (a blink).
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The screen is black during that blink.

I understand

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Anthony, are you still there?

OK what is happening is the back-lights just behind the screen are flickering now these in the main are run by the power-board so its the power-board that would need to be swapped out, the catch 22 is there is no way to check if it IS the backlights that are the cause so its one or the other.

If you want to swap out the powerboard let me know

I do need time to type please

If its the back-lights then that is bad news as to replace them is not an option due to costs most of the time however I have seen some outfits that claim they do the fix for newer sets but i would imagine costs will be high

Let me know if you want to replace power-board

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Do you need anymore help please??

Anthony