Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

The sound is not working after storm. I've tried the

Customer Question

The sound is not working after storm. I've tried the unplugging thing and then read somewhere where it said check menu settings from tv to make sure speaker is turned on but not sure how todo that. It's a Vizio thanks!!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 1080P/120Hz. It's a fairly new one 2-3 yrs old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Unplugging and plugging back in.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 7 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

OK you did not say what you unplugged specifically so please do this unplug both the TV and any satellite or cable box you may be using wait 5 mins then replug back in again, is there any change?let me know please

Anthony

That is unplug from wallpower

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
tried all the unplugging from wall. The other TV in the house is doing the same thing. Thanks!

OK I am suspecting you may have a signal or box(s) issue please try another input like a DVD player or bluray let me know if you get sound from that

Anthony

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just tried switching to DVD and still no sound!

The DVD player is going directly to the TV?its not going to somewhere like a home theater first?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No

OK so directly to the set that is unusual as the other Tv is the same but if that is the case then the TV is bad

Its looking like the mainboard (which houses the sound amp) is bad and will need to be replaced, is this something you would consider doing yourself?I will provide all the support and on going support for you to do that please let me know

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok great thank you, you've been a huge help! Do you happen to know the cost of something like that?

For a tech to do around $250 you can find a tech in your area by using this link www.tvrepairpros.com

If you need anything else let me know

Please before you go remember the rating for me so I get paid by the site thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you!

Your Welcome

Anthony

Do you need more help please?

You haven't rated?

Anthony