Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

Why won't my Sony TV (32"-8 Yrs old) respond to power on?

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-Has there been any power outages or lightning?

-Is the power LED on the front of the tv on solid or flashing? what color?

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Are you having website difficulties that are preventing you from replying?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

Not sure why you are unable to reply, so I will go with the information so far...

Please try unplugging the tv POWER cord for 3 full minutes.

If that does not help then the tv needs diagnosis, parts, and service. I can help with that but DIY diagnosis is going to be very complex. If you do not have the needed skills and tools then having it repaired by a local shop will end up costing more than a new 32" tv. Just an in home diagnosis is usually at least $100 up front.

I'm sorry for the bad news. I do understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant but at least now you can make the most of your situation without high repair costs and long wait times. You saved a lot of time and money by coming here first.

Remember, I will be here with you throughout this entire process. Unless there is something else you can think of, please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page before you go. Rating now does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 month ago.

I noticed you opened a new question.... please direct all replies to this existing question.

Are you with me now?

Have you tried unplugging the tv POWER cord yet?