Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

It turned on last night and after a few minutes screen went

Customer Question

Hi! It turned on last night and after a few minutes screen went black. Doing searches last night, I tried the vol-/menu hold down and also disconnected for 10 min. and nothing goes right. I left it disconnected overnight and now it is still black. However, sound works on a sony receiver I recently bought to substitute for a panasonic home theater that died.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: TC-P50S30 and never had a problem before.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: What I just described above.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No. tks!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) What is the power light on the set doing- is it out, lit or blinking?

2) When you turn the TV off and then back on- does anything show up on the screen (HDMI input, Panasonic welcome screen, etc.)?

3) If you grab the original Panasonic remote and press MENU, does the set's own MENU display?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Let me know when you're able to see my reply.

Expert:  alma-cssm replied 1 month ago.
Dear Customer: We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. ( Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.