Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

I have a Furrion tv model fefs50t9a i am furious with it,

Customer Question

i have a Furrion tv model fefs50t9a
i am furious with it, according to the ignorant foreigner that I spoke to they use you software for their tvs. what code do you use to connect a direct tv remote control,
their remote is so bad i have to be in a perfect diract line 5 ft or less from the tv
for it to work
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately this is a common problem, Mark, with these low quality off brand tvs, as you are already experienced.

The specific IR codeset for your model is 10054.

It is possible, however, that no matter what code is used, your remote will not be able to control the devices you wish to use it with. Cable/satellite/AV Component manufacturers include basic functionality for common devices at the time the remote is made, but are not able to provide coverage for every make and model, and are not able to update for every new device that comes out, so there is no guarantee of compatibility. These off brand models are always difficult to program for and in most cases simply won't work with the dish remote.

Your best option may be to purchase a more robust, true universal remote to control all of your devices, such as a logitech harmony (click here for example) that will work for all of your devices. It is programmed through an easy to use software program on your computer, which downloads the most up to date remote and device codes from the internet, so it is virtually guaranteed to work with all equipment. It will also give you easy to use macro functionality, so you can press a single button to watch a movie for example, and it will turn on the dvd player, tv, and surround system, tune to the correct inputs on the tv, and start the movie playing, etc. Because of the online database with specific codes for each model, this type of remote has much greater functionality than the basic universal remotes (including the one that came with your system.) Even if your specific model isn't fully available in the database, you can always program it in manually by "learning" the functions off your original remote.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.