Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

I have a 43 inch Plasma Samsung purchased back in 2013 or

Customer Question

I have a 43 inch Plasma Samsung purchased back in 2013 or early 2014. I have been
using an HDMI cable to get HD programming. Now, I can only get analog programming with this notice on the blank screen when i tune to a HD channel:
"Your TV does not support this programs' content protection. Replacing the HDMI cable with component cables will allow you to view the program."
Ken Sword
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

Do you get this on all HD channels or just some of them ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

In any case here is something for you to try ;
Unplug the TV's and cable box /satellite receiver`s power cord for a couple of minutes before you try it again .

In the mean time pull out and back in securely that HDMI cable at both ends or better yet try another cable if you have one handy .

This is the HDCP protect scheme messing up again , your tv is recent enough to perform the hdmi handshake with the newer hdcp protocols unless the main board or even that cable box has a problem .

Try that reboot and if that doesn`t do it then the next test would be that box on another tv or another box on this tv to root out the culprit.

Usually you could have that box replaced for free if you pick it up yourself , defective or not but may have to pay a service call if it turns out the tv is the culprit .

Let me know how that goes and If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions or need help with your tv