Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

My Vizio HDTV has a flashing light, kinda like a strobe

Customer Question

My Vizio HDTV has a flashing light, kinda like a strobe light, All the videos I have watched show similar Vizio TV's but its not the same one. I gathered that the problem most likely will be the capacitors however I cannot find them on my TV's main board after taking the back cover off. Help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) Model Number off of the back of the Vizio.

2) Pull up the MENU using the original remote- does the MENU flicker like a strobe as well?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Also, a couple of things I want to let you know about TV's. First- capacitors do not cause the set to flicker like a strobe. The backlight circuit causes this. Capacitors cause the set to not turn on or to shut down. Secondly, the Mainboard is not where the capacitors are located- the Mainboard is the AV Input board, the capacitors that cause the set to shut down are located on the power board (but those are not your issue). If you can reply back with the info requested above, I can help you fix your TV.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.