Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

What do i do to connect wireless RF hedphones to lg tv which

Customer Question

What do i do to connect wireless RF hedphones to lg tv which does not have an Audio Output
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. What is the make and model of your headphones?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sony Mdr985rf
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
r u there?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I dont want to talk on telephone.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Dan:
are you still there?
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

I am here. Just checking the model of phones and the ports on the TV.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Your call is going to cost me $26.00. It is not worth it. I will not use the headphones.
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

There will be no call. That is an automated popup so just disregard it please. I presume you have checked the rear connectors for audio output?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did.
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

How old is your TV?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Almost 4 years.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I havery mentioned the model no. In the bigining.
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Okay, let me check one more thing please.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK I am waiting.
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Sorry but there are no audio out ports on this TV at all. I don't think I have ever seen that before?

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Can you tell me what sources/inputs you are using with the tv (cable/satellite, dvd, game, etc)?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Currently both HDMI ports are in use.
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Okay but what is connected to those ports? A satellite receiver? A dvd player?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Cable Tv Receiver and Jadoo Box, a video over IP box through which zi watch Ilternational channels
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Okay, so your tv does not have any audio connections at all, analog or digital. While not common, that was part of the design of this basic model tv to keep costs down. You cannot output any audio from the tv in any form.

So, you have 2 options here:
1) Connect the headphones directly to the source device, ie: red/white cords from back of the cable box to headphones,

2) buy an external hdmi audio extractor device with a built in audio converter, and likely need an additional switch as well to swap between the devices.

Let me know which you prefer and I can provide more info on either if you'd like.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The Jadoo Box don't have Audio Out ports. I am of the view that we will have to go for the 2nd option.
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Okay if the box does not, then yes you would need the external box, just a moment and I'll get you all the details

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Here is the extractor: http://amzn.to/2bXcQeN

you'll also need a hdmi switcher so you can use both cable and the jadoo: http://amzn.to/2bXdh93

So hdmi from the cable box to the switch, jadoo to the switch, and switch output to the input of the converter, which then connects out to the tv.

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

The extractor box has red/white stereo outputs which you'll connect to the headphone transmitter.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How the Extractor will be connected to the TV and from where these Extractors are available and at what price. What exactly this Extractors are called.
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

I sent you specific links to the exact items to purchase, above. Click on them to order.

I detailed all the connections above as well. Everything connects with hdmi.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK thanks. I will try to find these Extractors.
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

If you click on the link I sent, it takes you to that exact item that you can buy directly from amazon.

This is a specialty item, you cannot buy it at a local store.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You surely deserve 5 Stars, only after I have been able to connect my Headphones and experience it's actual working/performance. Thanks a lot though. Good night.
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

You can follow up with me here anytime if you need additional help.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK thanks.
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

You're welcome.