Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I'm trying to fix the "global dimming" issues my LG flat

Customer Question

I'm trying to fix the "global dimming" issues my LG flat screen is experiencing. I've been all over the net and doesn't appear I will be able to fix this nor will LG. If you feel you can, I'm ready. If it helps before you say yes, my model is a 39LY570H
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

- Do you see any option in TV menu saying 'Intelligent Sensor'?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me check...Not that I can find
I go into menu/settings and it gives me several options which I viewed all but don't see anything like you are asking
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

OK, it might be marked as Eco Sensor?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can't locate it either
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Sorry to hear that, this option should be in Settings of menu, also check in Picture menu of TV.

This TV has Intelligent Sensor located on lower front side which detects the surrounding light amount and adjust the TV backlight accordingly, all you would need to turn Off that Intelligent Sensor option in TV menu to keep getting normal picture. TV manual doesn't show menu option details or I would have taken you to exact place in TV menu.

Here is a test to confirm it, while having dim picture in dark room, shine a good flash light on lower front of TV, you will notice the picture becomes brighter. Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I know this will work, this is what is known as global dimming. This is what I'm asking you, how do I get it to stop this? If it's a setting, this is what I'm asking
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

I guess I wasn't clear in my previous reply.

This settings should be in TV menu, check Settings or Picture menu options of TV menu.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You were and are clear however it's not part of the settings. The 1st part of the settings is picture. On there you have picture option which I have tried all and prefer Conema, then you can adjust backlights, contrast, brightness, sharpness, color, tint, expert and picture option. I looked in expert as well as picture option and it's not in there either
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We just fixed it per an add on the net. The tv is factory set to a global dimming which can be either 255 or 202. As soon as you drop this setting below 200, the dimming no longer happens. I appreciate your attempt but I hope you don't charge me as you weren't able to tell me how to find where
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The intelligent sensor is to turn it off
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Sounds good that problem is resolved. Please contact customer service for any billing matter as I have no control over money matters.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
Call USA:(###) ###-####br />United Kingdom - 0***-***-****
Ireland - 1800-760-906

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks