Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

TV has no activity whatsoever. No blinking lights or

Customer Question

TV has no activity whatsoever. No blinking lights or anything.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Vizio D43-D2, TV is 6 months old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Put new batteries in the remote and tried to turn TV on using the power button on the TV, and have unplugged TV and plugged back in.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Not at this time.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, often a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; these vizio tvs are at the bottom end of the quality spectrum and seeing short term failures like this is common. Luckily, you are still within the warranty period in this case.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; The next step would then be to call vizio warranty support at(###) ###-####to file a warranty repair claim. They will authorize repairs and you will take the tv in to the nearest service center to have it fixed. You don't want to attempt anything further than the reset process on your own, as that would only cost you additional time and money and void what warranty coverage you do have.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.