Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

My 70 unch has stopped talking, call my home number

Customer Question

my 70 unch has stopped talking
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: call my home number 1-***-***-****
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: its been 3 weeks
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i have had a cable man out and we have done all we know
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no, thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

What is the full model number off of the back of the TV?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I cannot call you unfortunately, so please postback on this page with what 70" you have and also when you say "stopped talking"- do you mean there is no sound at all from the TV?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry, I cannot take a phone call. That offer is not sent by me, but rather by the site. Another Expert may accept it however. If you need further assistance please reply back here to me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
there is no sound at all
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

All I know is you have an unknown 70" something TV- no brand, no model, no anything. Can you provide any details to help me to help you with this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
this tv as always been strange when i would turn it off sometimes it would turn itsself back on in lease than a min, the sound has come and gone for weeks before it is completely gone no
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Those symptoms you just mentioned "i would turn it off sometimes it would turn itself back on" and "no sound" means your TV has a "Mainboard" Failure. What is the MODEL NUMBER off of the back of your TV?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I need the Model Number and also to know how long you have owned the TV for please.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Can you please reply back and let me know if you are able to get the info requested?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i cant get to back of tv, i will have owned it 2 years in Feb
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you are not going to believe this but the sound came on at 11 o'clock today but it has done that before and quite again so we will see!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it just stopped talking again!
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hi , i`m Jack , different tech. here

Let me know if you still need help with this ?