Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My Control 4 remote has always worked great for me, but all

Customer Question

My Control 4 remote has always worked great for me, but all of a sudden it is not fully working. It used to control everything for us related to the TV system. Now, it only controls the volume and the power, and is not interfacing with the AT&T cable box. Can you assist?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Are you able to still control the ATT box via the original att remote?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We can control the ATT box from their original remote, and then control the volume and power from the Control 4 remote. We have to aim the ATT remote directly at the box, which was never in plain site. With the Control 4 remote we were able to change anything without the direct line of site to the device that it was changing.
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Okay can you look around in the area of the box for a small transmitter/emitter "blaster", that is usually stuck to the front of the att box with doublestick tape, which may have fallen down or come loose.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Looking...
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** found, or if the control4 main box is sitting near (above/below) the att box, then unplug power to the control4 server/box for 60+ seconds to reboot it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's there. Don't think that's the issue.
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

That was just the first item to check,

proceed with resetting the control4 box

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Doing it now.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Did that and now the remote is not working for powering up or volume. The wifi light on the front of the Control 4 box is not lighting up.
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Unplug it again, reboot your router by unplugging it for 60 seconds, give it a minute to start back up, then plug control4 back in

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for trying. None of these solutions (unplug it and reboot) have worked. It is clearly not communicating with the other devices due to the lack of WiFi. If you have any other clues as to how to get it to recognize our WiFi, please let me know. Otherwise, please end this session.Casey
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Look on the back of your control4 box for a reset button/hole, press and hole that for a few seconds, then release.

If no change, there is a programming issue and you'd need a control4 authorized installer to come out and reprogram the system. These are proprietary systems which are designed not to be user serviceable, so having one of their techs out becomes necessary anytime there is a problem, new devices added, etc. If you don't know who to contact, let me know your zip and I'll help you find a local dealer.

Best regards,

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?