Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

Color is off and verticle lines accross the whole screen

Customer Question

color is off and verticle lines accross the whole screen mainly seeing green
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: i was given the tv from a friend since he was going to throw it away
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: ln55c630
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: the tv wouldnt turn on initially. so i opened it up and started unplugging cables then replugging them back and it seems that everything else is working
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: thats about it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

- Are the lines vertical/ top to bottom on entire screen?
- Is there any graphics/ menu options show up when press menu button on TV or its remote?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i dont have the remote. i can pull up the menu and navigate. i downloaded the firmware update but just copied the exe to a usb and it couldnt find anything. i am right now extracting the exe to the usb
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, take your time and reply back with the result of firmware update to continue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
till have the issue. when i tap on the rca connections the color flickers. please note that the color showing is mostly green
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, do the lines go away when tap on RCA connector area?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no. however i just noticed that the lines are mostly when i "no signal' is displaying. when i start up the device i have plugged into the hdmi this is how the color is shown in the picture i attached
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, it seems connectors might be misaligned or their connections are clogged. Please replug/ reconnect all the connectors on main board of TV, also do the same with t-con board (very carefully), reconnect LVDS cable (falt ribbon cable) runs between t-con and main board of TV and check the result.

If problem persist then you would need to swap main board of TV to fix the problem because main board has few surface mount chips and any of those chips has got dry solder/ bad joint issue which is causing the lines and green tinted image on screen. Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.